Tuesday, 17 March 2009

p.p.p.s

Apologies to Shota and Eisuke for not being around for your presents.
Thank you very much for them.
:)
I had to dash because I had to get to the bank before it closed.
To dash means 'to rush off'.
I'm sorry I missed you but please keep reading this blog and commenting. I would like to help you lots with your English.
There is an idiom that says, 'Out of sight but not out of mind'.
I may be far away in miles but the internet connects us in seconds.
What a wonderful age we live in!
When I was young we only had pidgeons!

I must sleep now.
I have to get up very, very early tomorrow.
Before the crack of dawn!
'The crack of dawn' is also an idiom. It means, 'at the very beginning of the morning' or 'when daylight breaks.'
When I lived on my boat, I always woke up before the crack of dawn.
I will show you photos one day.

Thank you again for the presents and see you in Thailand soon!